What up gangsta?

What up gangsta?

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

...it's all about the he said, she said bullshit...

Today was my first day back at school. It wasn't bad. I had an hour and a half class, then had to go to my teacher's office and take the Shakespeare midterm I missed LAST Monday. It actually went a lot better than I expected, considering that shit is hard and the layout of the test was even harder. I finished in about a half hour, and then just sat around for fifteen minutes or so, checking and re-checking my answers before going to hand it in.

After class and before the test, I called Matt's attorney's office to talk with them. I didn't talk directly to his attorney, as he was in court all day, but I talked to the receptionist who then took my number to give to the attorney. She asked if I was going to go to his hearing on the 16th, and I said yes, and asked if I would be able to make a statement. She said that the victim (she said 'so-called victim') was always able to make a statement. When I got home from campus, I had a big envelope from the district attorney and a big envelope from the Christine Anne Center. The one from the DA was all about making a victims' statement, and how victims often get to suggest what they would like as a punishment for the case. I'm glad. I will definitely suggest they make him attend AA meetings and make him seek counseling for his anger and depression. I don't want him to go to jail, not that that would even be an option for misdemeanors, I don't think. Anyway, going to jail won't teach him anything. I think being removed from where he was staying, having to empty his bank account, being pegged as an abuser, and having no contact with the woman that he loves definitely caught his attention. AA and counseling should round that all out and hopefully get him to a better place in his life.

His sister has really been helpful. She's kind of been the go-between, not carrying messages from one another, since she can't, but reassuring the both of us that the other is okay, and still cares, and all that other stuff. I know he's probably miserable, going from couch to couch and not being able to talk to me at all. Let me tell you, I certainly hope he has something good to say. An apology, right off, would be a good idea. Sam said that she sent him a Facebook message, and he messaged her back with his version of the events. He didn't dispute that it happened, but he did say that he wasn't angry when it happened, and that if we had seeked counseling together, it wouldn't have happened. I do not agree with the latter statement. The reason it happened was because HE chose to get drunk, he cannot control his drinking or, apparently, himself WHILE he's drinking, and he put his hands on me. That's why it happened, and that's what he'll have to own up to. That's part of the reason why I want to talk to him...to gauge what he thinks happened and why. I really don't see how he can remember most of the details, considering how drunk he was, but who knows. I'm really sick of the he said she said bullshit, and I just want it to be over. I miss him, and I know he misses me too. Hopefully on April 16th everything can just be settled and we can both move on from it.

In other news, nothing much is going on. Work is talking about POSSIBLY promoting a keyholder, so I'm going to toss my hat into the ring if that happens. I think it would be a nice change for me, and I KNOW that I can do it. I feel like I've been working toward something like that for quite a while, and it would be nice to actually see it come to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment